Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting Healthy

Recently, my staff and I decided we wanted to get healthier. We each set our own personal goal for getting healthy and we shared our goals with each other - everything from walking a certain number of steps every day to losing weight. We even set up a tracking board (in the breakroom, of course) to track our successes and challenges. You notice I said challenges, not failures! Just the fact that we have identified our goal and stated our intention is a positive step. We are confident that by the end of December, we will be well on the way to accomplishing our goals.

We have started to share healthy recipes and we are bringing in healthy snacks. We are even working on finding a fun walk/run we can all particpate in.

So what have I learned so far?

It's not going to happen overnight.
I will backslide occassionally and that's OK.
It's hard to eat healthy when you travel a lot.
Any positive change I make is going to make me healthier.
I really do like fruits and veggies!
It's hard for a night owl to change habits and get more rest!
It's more fun to walk with someone.
If Drew Carey can do it, so can I!

Any suggestions are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment